www.flickr.com/photos/sarab_13 ALL MY PHOTOS!! Cool site on Benin to check out: http://benintourisme.com
THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

J ai arrivè

i finally have internet and for more than two minutes yippie

this keyboard is different; just so you know; esp: with punc: marks1
LOL*

well; everything is great so far and i enjoy the life here.
things are almost overwhelming but i am cool with everything and am staying safe and healthy:
Cotonou is a diff African city for sure: all taxis are little two seater mopeds and you know African traffic; its a bit of a thrill! Dont worry; PC requires we wear a helmet on those and eventually on our own trek bikes

i wont have a real address for a while; tommorow i go and move in with my host family for two months trainging in my villqge of natintongou: we are all so excited and will only be speaking french from here on out bsides getting together with other volunteers: wish us luck!

sorry i cannot write more often; soon i can after training is over; i hope so anyway:

i miss you all and hope all is well!
a tout a;l heure
sara

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tres bien, Sara. Je suis tres contente que tu es arrivee safely. By the way, Russian - I mean French - regle du jour! use "aller" with "arriver" - par example, je suis arrivee. I'm sure my French stinks after all these years, but tant pis! It's probably hotter in ames right now than it is in cotonou, lucky you. I'll keep checking your site when I'm in russia, if I ever get there. Je suis tellement jalouse!

Mary B.

Thu Jul 27, 06:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Sara!
I was traveling on various sites to get news from Benin when I spotted your page. Let me tell you I admire the work you are doing over there, and I would like to thank you personnaly on the behalf of the Beninese people. I, myself is a beninese citizen. I was born and grew there until I recently came to study in the U.S.A in 2003. If there is something about the culture and the people you want to know, feel free to contact me at the following:
Homere Akplogan
E-mail mahaotito@yahoo.fr/n00131590@unf.edu
Tel: (352) 283-9582
Address: 12259 Pebble Point Dr W
Jacksonville, Fl 32218

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to wonderful you!
Homere A.

Sun Dec 24, 05:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home