www.flickr.com/photos/sarab_13 ALL MY PHOTOS!! Cool site on Benin to check out: http://benintourisme.com
THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS

Saturday, February 17, 2007

~~Coconuts and peacocks~~

I have learned how to collect palm nuts, coconuts, and papayas from high above! Not saying I DO it (I leave that for the experts), but I simply observe and then reap the benefits! Had a nice lunch of coconuts, and here is my neighbour fetching it! I also saw my first peacock at a friend’s house the same day, just walking around like it owned the place. I curiously asked if they eat them, and they said no because they are the “guardians” of the house!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that is really interesting about the peacocks!! i can't believe he is climbing that tree...i would kill to see a photo of you doing that though! haha! miss you tons & it was great chatting with you the other day! love ya! melanie

Sat Feb 17, 03:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great picture! Now that you mention it, I remember that in South America peacocks are also used as "guard birds" - they scream and make a racket when strangers come around - and they fluff their feathers!

Sun Feb 25, 05:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home