www.flickr.com/photos/sarab_13 ALL MY PHOTOS!! Cool site on Benin to check out: http://benintourisme.com
THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS

Saturday, June 30, 2007

30.6.2007

Well, this past week I had a small bout of food poisoning and a serious case of the bedbugs from a conference center in Cotonou, but all seems back to (semi)-normal. :-) I’m trying to stay focused here with everything coming together. I will be starting some new projects (computer training; financial management), fighting to finish others, and will soon be receiving the new volunteers and will help in their training. Mid-July is my one year anniversary here! Wow, what to think?! I am enjoying my time here thanks to my friends and my daily discoveries. Yet trying to stay focused on my tasks proves to be difficult here- there are so many distractions it is really tricky to be focused and patient all the time. Really, things here are really starting to wear me down, but I will endure because it is important. I of course have a good support network here and back home, which helps enormously. THANK YOU! Anyway, after the camp and short conference the past two weeks, I am back in my routine. First order of business was, in between shooing goats and swatting at chickens, checking up on my apprentices and doing a review of English phrases. It is good to be back. In the USA I enjoy being on the run, staying busy, and in general the spontaneous life. But here, because everything is always so different and you never feel completely settled, you crave stability. Or I do anyway. You need it to feel at least a little bit in control of things, when in reality a lot of things are out of your hands. Essentially, I am fine and enjoying my experiences here. Time is passing quickly, and I will be anxious to receive my parents who will come visit me early September. Yay them!
Much love from overinbenin.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
Your Mom and I are looking at your picture of a foot. Is that your foot? We are so proud of you and all the good you are doing through the Peace Corp. I'm sure it is difficult being so far from home but you are in our heart and we will keep you in our prayers. I know your parents are looking forward to seeing you. I'm so happy they can go over to Benin.
God Bless You, Pastor Gary

Tue Jul 03, 12:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Food poisoning! Ah yes. One of my students in PC in Ukraine just gotn it at a PC Camp/centre. Must be going around. Hope you brought lots of CIPRO! It is the vital tool for health! LOL Bon Chance. Professor Steffen Schmidt

Mon Jul 09, 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sorry to hear you got sick!!! :( love ya & miss ya. you are doing fabulous work, that is great that your parents are coming to visit!!! :) YAY for them indeed!

Thu Jul 12, 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home