www.flickr.com/photos/sarab_13 ALL MY PHOTOS!! Cool site on Benin to check out: http://benintourisme.com
THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE MINE PERSONALLY AND DO NOT REFLECT ANY POSITION OF THE U.S. GOVERNMENT OR THE PEACE CORPS

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Chicken Stuff II

Hello my friends.

All I can say on this second part was that it was a semi difficult experience, and I was sad afterwards ;-(
And NO, I didn’t succeed. My kind neighbor came over to help me finish the job; she is a tough gal! I ended up giving pieces to all my friends and neighbors, as you will see on my photo site.

Wednesday-Saturday I was at a conference with all of the volunteers in Cotonou. We stayed in a nice hotel with a pool and let me tell you, I have never eaten so well! I’m talking buffets with scrambled eggs, chocolate croissants, salad, pizza, gyros and on and on. It was a good time, and even had a PCV male auction where proceeds went towards a gender development program. Saturday we held a fundraiser dinner for the same program. This annual dinner is like the Peace Corps Prom. We all get dressed up in traditional wear and have a nice dinner and dance. I volunteered to be a ticket taker, therefore I got to greet everybody as they arrived, including the US Ambassador to Benin who has a wonderful relationship with Peace Corps here. It was all really great!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

how fantastic you got to meet people including the ambassador! :)

Tue Apr 10, 01:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
I am a neighbor of your folks at the lake (Barnum).
I had a BBQ made with chicken soup with your dad yesterday. He proudly told me of your work and the hope for an orphanage and your blog.
I have not had time to read it yet, but I will!
Tim Griffith

Wed Apr 18, 06:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara,
Your mother is helping me learn how to comment on your blog. I hope you find this if I did it right. We are praying regularly for you and it sounds like things are going well for you. Stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you when you are back in Newton. I am also excited for your parents visit and hearing from them when they return.
Pastor Gary

Tue Jul 03, 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home